Friday, September 4, 2009

Sales Staff Tribute

Grant's Perspective on ...Sales personnel in the Inland AV world

I have some observations about the sales staff I work with that I want to share. No this isn't a complaint, more of me wanting to show my respect to good sales people. Here at the big AV company I've observed the sales staff designing their own systems, and they absolutely love doing it.

I think this is really cool as, and I'm being frank here, they're not just people who are out to sell something in a box and put another notch on their pencil. If I were the customer, I'd notice that and appreciate this dynamic. The biggest trait I brag about when I talk about the big AV company is their passion. Perhaps they don’t want anyone knowing this about them but they get totally pumped about deriving an innovative system that will work for their clients.

See the picture below of Brian and Glenn discussing ideas with a client at our open house.



Yes they're a different breed than us mellow designer types, but hey, the only thing worse than an over eager sales person, is one who isn't passionate about what they do. Everyone benefits. So hat's off to the passionate Inland AV sales people.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment