Thursday, December 3, 2009

Viscount Gort Hidden AV

Grant's Perspective on ... projector lifts in the Viscount Gort ballroom

My last post asked people if they think that hiding the AV equipment is important. This week I'm at the Viscount Gort Hotel going over the final details of the audiovisual installation portion of their recent major expansion and renovation. They have included three infrared projector lifts as a part of the banquet room design to hide projectors when not in use. In this case it is for more than aesthetics, theirs is a multi-purpose ballroom and the lift helps protect the projector when it is not in use.

Here is a grainy picture (sorry just had my cell with me) that I snapped of one of the Inland AV service technicians installing the lift.





This is a great example of how hidden AV is becoming standard practice. Remember to vote on our importance of hidden AV poll, over on the right hand side of this page.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment