Friday, June 19, 2009

InfoComm 09: The Power Of AV

Grant's Perspective on ... InfoComm 09

I am in Orlando attending InfoComm 09. InfoComm is the annual event for the AV industry. It is a week jam packed with educational workshops, a trade show that features all the new audiovisual equipment and great networking opportunities with over 30,000 AV professionals.

As we were making our way to Orlando, our feelings were that the show would be smaller than previous years due to the global economic downturn. I was pleasantly surprised that the show was the size it was with lots of new products and delegates doing more than just kicking the proverbial tires.

3D projection systems were one of the shows highlights that really caught my attention. Some systems require the use of glasses and some did not. The systems that required the glasses performed better but it is certainly interesting that 3D without glasses is possible and only going to get better.

See the picture of myself and other Inland AV staff members wearing the 3D glasses and checking out the new Sharp 3D projector.



I'll try to post some pictures and more show highlights early next week. I have to go and catch my flight back to Winnipeg.

Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment